The Brunswick Assessing Department serves two primary functions in municipal government:
The Department determines assessed values on all residential and commercial real estate and personal property, and maintains all Town ownership and assessment data for the purpose of annual tax bills. If you would like to have additional information regarding your property's assessment, you can go to the Town's Geographic Information System (GIS) and locate your property, which will include your property card and value. Please note this information is current as of April 1, 2019. For updated information contact the Assessor's Office.
We are also responsible for the Town's tax maps, deeds, exemption applications, and copies of land survey plans. All records are available for public inspection.
General Tax Information
- Abatement Deadline: March 2, 2020 (Abatement Form (PDF))
- Assessment Date: April 1, 2019
- Commitment Date: August 28, 2019
- Due Dates:
- October 15, 2019
- April 15, 2020
- Fiscal Year: July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
- Tax Rate: $19.72 Per $1,000 of Valuation for the 2019 to 2020 Fiscal Year
Property Tax Bills
Tax bills are issued by the tax collector. You may view the list of real estate or personal property taxes (PDF).
- How do I get a copy of my tax bill?
- How do I change my address on my tax bill?
- I’ve bought (or sold) a mobile home, how do I change the ownership information for tax billing purposes?
- I recently sold (or bought) a property why did I receive (or not receive) the tax bill?
- I recently purchased a subdivided parcel, why did I not receive a tax bill for that individual parcel?
- I am planning to build a new house, how do I obtain a house number for that house?
- I owned a business in Brunswick that has since moved or closed, do I need to notify the Assessor’s Office?